Last summer we made a Summer Fun List – a list of ideas of things we could do locally during the summer.
It included everything from finding a new local playground, to camping trips, to dinners out, and trips to the zoo.
It was a HUGE success. We didn’t get to everything on the list but we did a lot, and any time we weren’t sure of what we wanted to do we would consult the list. The kids and I did more of it than Curtis, but he joined us for a good many things and it kept us busy all summer long.
Our Summer Fun List was so successful last year that we’re going to do it again. Some things are repeats, some are new, some are free, and some will cost a bit of money. We won’t get to everything and that’s ok. The point is to have some ideas so that when we have a free day to go exploring we don’t waste it trying to come up with something fun!
So here it is:
- Visit the Fairy Park (Redwood Park in Surrey)
- Visit the Historic Burnaby Villiage – ride the carousel!
- Go to the Vancouver Aquarium ( I already have passes I got through air miles, so this is hopefully a given!)
- Visit the Zoo (again I have a family pass I got through air miles so this should be easy)
- Hike all of Vedder – we visited the “first hole” this winter but would like to get to the top.
- Go to Party in the Park
- Have Pizza at Cultus Lake
- Plant a vegetable garden
- Hike Elk Mountain
- Go on a family camping trip
- Make S’mores
- Have a beach day with Daddy in White Rock
- Find a new game to play at Party in the Park
- Go to the beach at Hicks Lake
- Pick Strawberries
- Pick Blueberries (E specifically wants to do this in a friend’s yard but we’ll have to see)
- Find a new park in Chilliwack
- Go to the Water slides
- Take a family bike ride and have a picnic
- Write a letter to my favourite cousin Megan ( watch out Meg you have a letter from a 4 year old in your future!)
- Visit Bridal Falls
- Go out for Ice Cream
- Play Mini Golf
- Go Canoeing
- Have a beach day at Cultus Lake with our friends
- Have friends over for Friday Night Pizza
- Make Blueberry Muffins
- Pick Vegetables
- Build a Sandcastle
- Go to a new Splash Park
- Run through the sprinkler (we don’t have one but we should be able to do this somewhere!)
- Go on a Mommy & E only run
- Find a NEW splash park
- Visit Othello Tunnels
- Go on a train ride (if anyone knows how I can make this one happen I am open to suggestions!)
- Visit the Kilby Store
- Enjoy a Harrison Lake beach day
- Take a trip to Birchwood Dairy
- Go on a family backpacking trip
- Visit Queens Park in New Westminster
- Go to VBS
This is our list so far! Feel free to steal ideas, and if you have any great ideas for summer fun then let me know! We’ll add them on 🙂